From protecting your workplace rights to protecting your wallet, there are great benefits to being an NTEU member. Along with these benefits, NTEU members are backed by the collective strength of a union.
Discover the array of money-saving benefits exclusively for NTEU members.
- Insurance―Life happens. NTEU members can choose from a variety of insurance products including life, accident, disability, cancer and critical illness. There are also group discounts on auto, homeowners’ and renters’ policies.
- Travel/Car―Save money on hotel stays and rental cars. Time for an oil change? Save at participating Jiffy Lube locations.
- Home and Moving―Don’t put up a “For Sale” sign without first checking out NTEU’s home-moving discounts. NTEU members can receive a cash rebate from Weichert Relocation Resources, Inc. and save on National Van Lines services.
View the Member Benefits as of March 2021 in this Member Benefits Guide.
NTEU fights every day to protect your hard-earned retirement by testifying before Congress, closely monitoring legislation and beating back proposals that threaten your pension. The union:
- Safeguards and opposes any efforts by Congress or the administration to reduce retirement benefits and Federal Employees Health Benefit Program (FEHBP) coverage for retirees.
- Supports legislation to address the escalating costs of prescription drugs.
- Makes sure that the critical cost-of-living adjustment (COLA) to federal pensions is not reduced or eliminated.
- Monitors Thrift Savings Plan (TSP) proposals to maintain the TSP’s independence and low fees, and to ensure adequate choice in investments.
- Presses OPM to eliminate its backlog in all areas, including for retirees, and urges Congress to properly fund OPM so call centers can be appropriately staffed and improvements can be made to web-based functions.